Ever gotten back from a Disney vacation and wished you’d bought that one thing that you’d been eyeing? Or maybe you didn’t have room in your suitcase for something you really wanted. Well, order it from home! It’s one of the great things that few people know about Disney!
The Disney Store website offers only select merchandise from the parks. I love this feature, but they just don’t have everything.
If you know what you are looking for, you can call Merchandise Guest Services at (877)560-6477 Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM-8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (8:00 AM -7:00 PM Central). Just describe what you’re looking for, they will search for it, and put in your order.
Before Christmas, I placed an order using this number. I described something I’d seen at the Disney Earport store (at the airport) and a set of pirate keys from the Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop. I also asked for an item that wasn’t available yet when we’d visited Disney World, but the Disney Park’s blog had since announced its arrival at the Park. It was great! Shipping costs are high, but I guess, as long as you know what you’re looking for, it’s cheaper than taking a trip to Disney to buy it! (See the shipping cost list below.)
Think about it:
* Use this number to surprise your kids with souvenirs at a later date (birthdays, holidays). Sometimes, it’s nearly impossible to buy something without them seeing it! If not while you’re at the Park, they’ll find it when you’re packing up to go home!
* If you’re like me and you choose not to buy year-specific merchandise (but you kind of want it later), check back at the end of the year–or even January of the next year–to see if they have any left at a discounted price!
* This option would also be great for buying Bride and Groom Mickey Ears for a wedding gift. The couple wouldn’t have to buy them for themselves and they’d have them for the whole trip.
It’s also really fun to get a cardboard box in the mail with “Disney World” on the tag!
They ship via UPS in 10-15 business days. It seems like my order took longer than that, but it was Christmastime, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Shipping and Handling Charges are:
Orders under $50: $9.95
Orders $50-$75: $14.95
Orders $75-$100: $19.95
and so on. . .
If you have questions, email email@example.com or give the phone number a call and ask!
So, next time you’re at a Disney Theme Park and you’re trying to decide whether or not to buy an item, take a picture of it to help you remember. Also, take a picture of the UPC and price label. Either of these will help you, if you decide to order it later from home.
Disney recently released a new app that allows us to shop for Parks merchandise from home! The Shop Disney Parks app is free and is available for Apple and Android. New products are added to the app weekly, so if you can’t find something, keep checking back (or call the number from Option 1 and see if a live person can find it).
On the app, you can:
- Search by a keyword
- Search by category (Slide your screen to the right to see a category menu–or begin to type in the search bar.)
- Use it in the parks to find the nearest item you’re looking for
- Scan a UPC to find a product
- See new products
I think it’s great that I’m available to browse what’s available and what’s new. If I were to use the phone number to order, I would only be able to describe something I’d seen or give an UPC number. This way, even if it has been awhile since my last visit, I can see what’s for sale at the Park now.
Some warnings though:
- The search function isn’t perfect. It can be difficult to find what you’re looking for.
- If you make a wrong touch, it will start you back at the beginning of your search/category results. I’ve had this happen over and over.
- Some items are only available in-store. (I would call to try to order these.)
Overall, I think this is an exciting new option! I definitely plan to use this app for some Christmas shopping this year!
Mickey Mouse Phone Image Credit: Ryan McFarland