My sister-in-law has a blog called babiesfirstyears, where she writes about being a stay-at-home mom to her two kids. She has been blogging longer than I have and she recently gave me the honor of nominating me for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is a way to help discover and recognize newer blogs. So, I accept her nomination (Thanks so much!) and I will “pay it forward” by nominating a few other blogs out there.
THE RULES ARE:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions that they set
3. Nominate others with less than 200 followers
4. Let them know about the nomination and the questions
1. “Kids say the darndest things.” What is something your child has said recently that made you laugh?
Our boys had a lot of energy the other day and decided they wanted to “exercise.” My older son asked me to play some “work outing music” for them.
2. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Surprise! Disney World! I love vacationing anywhere, even if it’s an hour from home, but Disney World is the place that I miss all year.
3. What object is closest to you on your right? Could you use it to defend yourself?
My purse. Probably not, since the zipper is open and everything would fall out if I tried to hit someone with it!
4. If you had an hour to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
Does it have to be realistic? Teleport to the Magic Kingdom, eat a Plaza Sundae, ride Peter Pan, PhilharMagic, and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Grab a LeFou’s Brew and come home.
Or maybe just go for a walk with my family and paint my fingernails.
5. What is your favorite blog post you have written? Leave a link!
I am especially proud of my Top 10 FREE Extras at Disney World post. These little things are some of what has made our vacations so special to me. And, I love helping people find inexpensive ways to have fun! I often send this one to friends who are heading on a Disney vacation.
6. If you could have someone else do one household chore what would it be?
Washing dishes. I hate washing dishes. It never ends!
7. Would you rather live on a beach or in a city?
On a beach! I’ve tried living in the city. It was fun for awhile, but it was too chaotic for me. I think I could enjoy sunsets over the water and sand between my toes.
8. Where do all the socks go?
To Disney World, of course!
(Taken from this post!)
9. Do you enjoy reading books or watching movies more?
Movies. I love to read, but since I’ve had children, it takes me a year to get through any grown-up book!
10. Be honest, when reading to your children, do you skip words?
Every now and then. I rarely do, but if it’s a longer book that I’m not crazy about, I won’t say that it doesn’t happen…
11. How do you find time to blog?
I don’t blog nearly as much as I’d like to, but I have a very supportive husband (who actually gave the push I needed to start this thing and he got it set up for me, designed my social media icons, and bought me a drawing pad to use for my logo. He’s pretty awesome.) So, when I can’t get anything in during naptime, a lot of my blogging happens when he’s home entertaining the kids. (Like right now!)
I’m still fairly new to this blogging thing. It seems like every other blog I see has lots and lots of likes and followers and it seems I will never get there!
I’ve come across these two Disney-loving mommy bloggers from the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hops that I am a part of every now and then. They have lots of Twitter followers, but I went by the number of facebook page followers when finding someone for this nomination, so I hope they fit the bill.
Mommy to all Girls – a “Disneyholic” who is raising 5 girls with her husband. She posts about Disney and about her children’s special needs.
Family Heights – a mother of two who loves Disney and having fun with her family. She posts about the fun things they do, traveling, meal planning, and product reviews.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES TO ANSWER:
1. If you could have any job in a Disney park, what would your job be?
2. What Disney park food could you go for right now?
3. Is there a fairy tale/nursery rhyme that you’d like to see made into a Disney movie?
4. If you could voice a Disney character for a movie remake, which character would you want to be?
5. Name a movie that you think is under-appreciated.
6. What do you like to do with your family at home when you get the Disney vacation blues?
7. What are your kids’ favorite attractions at Disney World?
8. What about yours and your husband’s?
9. Which Disney World nighttime show is your favorite?
10. If you were an Imagineer, what is one thing you would dream up to add to the Parks?
11. If you met someone who had never seen a Disney movie, which movie would you tell them to watch first?
Thank you again for the nomination! I am looking forward to continuing this blogging journey with my followers, and gaining new ones along the way.